Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Schedule Refresh error : Unable to combine data

I can refresh the pbix file on the desktop without problem, then publish

when I setup using the schedule refresh, it come up with the following error

I have 2 questions

1. how to make no changes or minimal changes to make it work on the schedule refresh

2. Is there any do or don't that we can follow, to eliminate the problem.

[other pbix file work on the schedule refresh without problem. therefore, I believed the setup is correct.
the specific pbix file contains alot transformation and DAX and dependency on the query]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last refresh failed: Tue May 05 2020 23:31:15 GMT+1000 (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.Hide details

Data source error:{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"[Unable to combine data] Section1/Invoice_Summary All/AutoRemovedColumns1 references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild this data combination."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources","detail":{"type":1,"value":"[{\"kind\":\"Odbc\",\"path\":\"dsn=BLP800CFBL\"}]"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"PrivacyError"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Invoice_Summary All.
Cluster URI:WABI-AUSTRALIA-SOUTHEAST-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:99258639-d31f-4411-b20b-13f71790650e
Request ID:536b5959-c940-4e1a-ab10-967db6ddd1b2
Time:2020-05-05 13:31:15Z
4 REPLIES 4
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

What's come up with my mind is check your pbix and dataset size. The maximum size for pbix imported into the Power BI service is 1 GB. These datasets are heavily compressed to ensure high performance. In addition, in shared capacity, the service places a limit on the amount of uncompressed data that is processed during refresh to 10 GB. 

You can also find more troubleshooting scenarios in the document.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

the size of the pbix file is 12M

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

looks like an access error, is this in the cloud or on prem data source?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

in the cloud. I don't think it is an access error.

I can refresh it using power BI desktop, without any problem. Others PBIX files are ok too.

it happened when I use the PowerBI Schedule refresh.

this specific one had a lot of transformation and functions.

I am not sure how to define the dependency of the queries.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors