Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

IK_TIM
Frequent Visitor

Right click to open tile in new window

It used to be possible to Right-click on a dashboard tile and select "Open in new window." Now that option is gone, in both Edge and Chrome it seems. Is it possible to open a dashboard tile in a new tab, or a new browser window? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IK_TIM 

Have you tried IE?

vxiaotang_0-1629357871788.png

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Custom-link-failing-to-open-in-new-window/m-p/51913

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the suggestion. Yes, I have, with teh same outcome: no option to open report from right-clicking on a dashboard tile. Besides, there is sthis:

IK_TIM_0-1629380908189.png

One is redirected to install Edge when trying to navigate to PBI platform in IE. 

Custom link works in Edge and Chrome, obviously. But this is such a backwards workaround that it can't possible be what PBI product team had intended. My guess is that they just messed up and will fix this eventually. 

thanks for your reply @IK_TIM 

I suggest you create an idea for it in
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas to improve the power bi.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

IK_TIM
Frequent Visitor

Thank you GilbertQ. Unfortunatelly, that workaround only makes sense for external links. If you select "Link to dashboard..." instead, the option for tab disappears. And it woudl be pretty silly to link to a report in the same workspace via an external link, right?

Hi @IK_TIM 

Yeah that does make sense and I actually have done that in the past when needed.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @IK_TIM 

You will have to go into Edit Details on the Tile and then select "Open Custom Link in the same tab" to No

GilbertQ_0-1629150341398.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors