Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Bhandari
Regular Visitor

Report in power bi web doesn't shows correct data even after completing the schedule refresh success

My report in the Power BI Service shows old data (as it was at the moment I published it), even after the scheduled refresh was completed successfully. No error messages whatsoever. If I 'just' do a refresh In Power BI Desktop it shows me the correct data. Therefore I assume the report in the Power BI Service should show the same data as the report on Power BI Desktop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Bhandari 

Based on your issue description and my current understanding, here are several reasons that may lead to your kind of issue situation:

1.What's your data connection mode for this dataset? If you are using Direct query or live connection, actually the data didn't need the dataset refresh to be updated, you can simply interact with the visuals within the report page to get the latest data displayed.

2.If you are using the import connection mode, if you have enabled the incremental refresh for your data table? If so, you should take care of the incremental refresh logic because the old data won't be refreshed and the data refresh logic is always based on the today's date value

3.If you can click on the "report refresh" button even after one service dataset refresh is finished? It will help us make sure if the new data is loaded into the report instead of showing the cache data:

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1687489422507.png

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bhandari
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your suggestions.  I am able to find what actually was happening. The difference in the timezone between power bi desktop and power bi web was causing the problem.

Anyway i appreciate your help.

Hi , @Bhandari 

Thanks for your quick response and sharing! I'm glad to hear that you sovle this problem!

You can mark your answser as the solution to help more people in this community who may meet the same situation like yours!

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Bhandari 

Based on your issue description and my current understanding, here are several reasons that may lead to your kind of issue situation:

1.What's your data connection mode for this dataset? If you are using Direct query or live connection, actually the data didn't need the dataset refresh to be updated, you can simply interact with the visuals within the report page to get the latest data displayed.

2.If you are using the import connection mode, if you have enabled the incremental refresh for your data table? If so, you should take care of the incremental refresh logic because the old data won't be refreshed and the data refresh logic is always based on the today's date value

3.If you can click on the "report refresh" button even after one service dataset refresh is finished? It will help us make sure if the new data is loaded into the report instead of showing the cache data:

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1687489422507.png

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors