Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Bi2thelly
Helper I
Helper I

Remove Pages pane from published application

I'm looking for a way to remove the pages pane from a published application but still keep the top portion of the chrome(?) to allow exporting and such. I've tried the ?chromeless=1 in the link of the application but couldn't find the correct place in the URL to put it in order for it to work. However, I will still need to top portion of the "chrome". Seems odd that Power Bi now has a page navigator button option but you still need to see the "Pages" pane to the left of the report. Is there a way to get rid of the Pages Pane?

5 REPLIES 5
Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

If you use Page Navigator button in your report, the Pages pane is redundant.

Try this:
Hide all your pages but the main landing page (must have only 1 unhidden page) in Power BI desktop ( or Edit mode in Power BI Service ). Then format your navigator button to show Hidden pages.

After you republish ( or save in Power BI service ), the Pages pane should disappear and you can navigate to other pages using the navigator button.

If you are publishing a report app, then turn off the New navigation builder

The only issue with this is that I have hidden pages that I need to remain hidden.

Hi, I was able to find a work around for "hiding pages from page navigation buttons that is not a tooltip", and this might be a bug. I tried converting the page (I want to stay hidden) to "Tooltip" under Canvas setting, then changed it back to original setting. This somehow made the navigation page buttons think it IS a tooltip, hence it stayed hidden together with the other tooltip pages I have in the pbix. Hope this helps

Yeah I had the same issue. It could be a good idea that we can submit to Microsoft, like pick and choose the page that we want to show.

My work around is to create navigation by using multiple blank-buttons. More work but thats the only way i can keep the hidden ones, hidden.

Another option is drop-down navigation, also require some more work to set it up, but it could work.
https://businessintelligist.com/2020/05/21/power-bi-how-to-implement-dropdown-navigation/

I used this, multiple blank buttons. Yes a bit of extra work but a much more elegant solution 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors