cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjn Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Refresh Now and Scheduled Refresh Not Working

I've just noticed that our dashboard has stopped refreshing since 16th January. All CSV files are stored in OneDrive for Business and accessed using Csv.Document(Web.Contents()). This has been working perfectly since end of last November and nobody has republished or changed settings since then.

Checking credentials showed that approx half of our oAuth2 data sources had 'lost' the credentials. Fixed these and tried again but refresh is still failing with the message "An unknown error has occurred. Please try again. If the issue continues, please contact support".

The company I'm doing this small dashboard for is rapidly losing faith in this solution. The project was almost scrapped back in November when there was an ongoing issue saving credentials (reported by a number of people in the community) that took a few weeks to be fully resolved. I'll be getting called back in tomorrow at my own expense to explain to them why I can't fix it, and will yet again have to defend Power BI as a suitable system for their usage.

EDIT: A few hours later and things seem to be working again now. Hopefully tomorrow's scheduled refresh will work as expected to save me a trip to this client's office.

lili3103 Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Hello everyone, when i click on refresh now PowerBI.com  it says that that a refresh is happening, but then nothing would refresh and no failure notification appears 

Frostbyte Visitor
Visitor

It is August, 2017, and this problem is still present.  Are the Power BI developers even concerned that their software contains so many bugs such as this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 277 members 3,144 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: