Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tanaka
Frequent Visitor

Refresh Error : The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

Hi,

Well, since past week i am receiving the following error while refreshing a dashboard : 

Erro de fonte de dados: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_GatewayCorruptedFileOrDirectoryError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_GatewayCorruptedFileOrDirectoryError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.\r\n"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147023504"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Base_Dash.

Cluster URI: WABI-BRAZIL-SOUTH-redirect.analysis.windows.net

ID da atividade: 12508b75-969a-47a9-afb3-2a55ef7c35f0

Solicitar ID: d9420f0b-3e85-4637-9049-45ff3f6eed58

Hora: 2024-03-19 14:07:30Z

I am using the On-Premises Gateway installed at an Amazon Workspaces in order to update my published dashboards. 

All dashboards use data from either SQL Server or AWS Athena , i have already refreshed a dashboard from the PBI Desktop installed at this Amazon Wokspaces machine, just to make sure that the machine has access to those databases. 

I already reinstalled the gateway and recreated the gateway connection from PBI Online. I can't extract the gateway log files. 
And the most random thing is that some dashboards are still updating without any error, but the majority are suffering from this.

I wish to know if someone may help me or has already faced this kind of error before.

Regards, 
Tanaka.

2 REPLIES 2
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tanaka ,

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Ensure File Accessibility: Make sure that the file is not being used by another process during the scheduled refresh. It's recommended to save and close the file when the refresh is running.

2. Check File Path: Verify that the path of the file is correctly configured on the Power BI service. Incorrect paths can lead to refresh failures.

3. Refresh Timing: Consider setting the refresh time during off-peak hours to avoid conflicts with other operations that might be accessing the files.

4. Gateway Access: Confirm that the On-Premises Gateway can access and read the file.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

i have already checked these steps, but still receiving errors.

Using sp_whoisactive at SQL , i'm able to see that the refresh request is working properly, but maybe after or while the query is in progress the error occurs

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors