Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

HisPhil

Q & A Visual has stopped working

I have been using Q &A visual in a report for a report using Direct Query connection to Azure Analysis Services. It has been working well until this morning when I got the following error messages:

HisPhil_1-1625058977852.png

HisPhil_0-1625058815240.png

Q and A is turned on the Dataset in Power BI Service so I don't get why this is happening.

Many Thanks

HisPhil

3 REPLIES 3
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @HisPhil ;

You could try to Enable Q&A, and can see the following article about Q&A restrictions, compare whether to check your own report.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-q-and-a-direct-query

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/natural-language/q-and-a-limitations#data-sources-not-supp...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @HisPhil ,

That error message give quite a few reasons why this might not be working.  I understand that it HAS been working, but with the June updates for Power BI Desktop, Gateway and Server and with the potential of a change in your SQL Server have you confirmed that each of these circumstances listed is not affecting you?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Thanks Collin. I am still on May 2021 release and this was working on May 2021 release so there's no change of environment. The data source is Azure Analysis Service by Direct Query too. I got this up and running last week.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors