Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Wiam_HTC
Regular Visitor

Purshasing power BI pro for external user

Hello, 

We have a datavisualization project for some external users using RLS.

Some of these users have a professionnal adress but their organisation won't purchase power BI pro for this use, can we do that in our organisation to allow them access their data ?

We can not purchase a power BI premium since these users are just about 20. 

Thanks for your precious help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. As far as I know you can turn on a B2B configuration between the externals Azure tenant and yours in order to let them get in. You can add them as guest users and assign a license. I don't remember the specifics, but for sure if you check for that you will find something.

As an alternative for sharing with many external users, the best approach would be using a Power Bi Embedded license in order to share with externals inside a custom web site. You don't need to develop the web app from scratch, there are products that already do that like https://pibi.cloud

You just use the software that will let you configure who, what report, security (filters, rls) with the embedded license that can be turned on and off for savings.

That way there is a custom login for any user, internal or external and the cost it's not as high as premium.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. As far as I know you can turn on a B2B configuration between the externals Azure tenant and yours in order to let them get in. You can add them as guest users and assign a license. I don't remember the specifics, but for sure if you check for that you will find something.

As an alternative for sharing with many external users, the best approach would be using a Power Bi Embedded license in order to share with externals inside a custom web site. You don't need to develop the web app from scratch, there are products that already do that like https://pibi.cloud

You just use the software that will let you configure who, what report, security (filters, rls) with the embedded license that can be turned on and off for savings.

That way there is a custom login for any user, internal or external and the cost it's not as high as premium.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors