Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

spandy34
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Publishing Report in Service Issue

I wondered if anyone could help me with this strange situation.

I have a report which is working fine when on Desktop and presents the data as expected.  As soon as I publish it to the service, the report is completely different and inaccurate.  Example below.  I have tried deleting the report in the service and republishing but the same issue occurs.  What do you think I am doing wrong?

Desktop Report

spandy34_0-1711065749891.png

Report Published to the Service

spandy34_1-1711065779206.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @spandy34 ,

Through my testing, I cannot reproduce your issue.
This is my test version:

vtangjiemsft_0-1711087308550.png

What is your data source? Does this problem only occur with reports from a specific data source? You can try to update Power BI Desktop to the latest version and then publish it to the service to see if the problem is solved. Beyond that, you can check to see if filtering is done on the service.

vtangjiemsft_1-1711087345816.png

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @spandy34 ,

What visuals are you using?

Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this:

1. Check for Data Refresh: Ensure that the dataset in the Power BI Service is refreshed after publishing. Sometimes, the data may not be up-to-date, leading to discrepancies.

2.Row-Level Security (RLS): If you have Row-Level Security configured in Power BI Desktop, ensure it's behaving as expected in the Power BI service. Sometimes, RLS rules can cause data to appear differently for different users.

3.Clear your browser cache and try again or use a private window to view the report.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hello thank you very much for your response

I have carried out a manual refresh and it still showed discrepancies.  There is no RLS in my report.  I have cleared the cache and the discrepancies are in all of the visuals which are tables and also the one included in this example which is a matrix.

Hi @spandy34 ,

Through my testing, I cannot reproduce your issue.
This is my test version:

vtangjiemsft_0-1711087308550.png

What is your data source? Does this problem only occur with reports from a specific data source? You can try to update Power BI Desktop to the latest version and then publish it to the service to see if the problem is solved. Beyond that, you can check to see if filtering is done on the service.

vtangjiemsft_1-1711087345816.png

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi my data source is an excel spreadsheet on sharepoint .  The problem has been resolved as you suggested by checking the filters. The filtering was acting differently in the service than the desktop.  This has been rectified . Thank you for your help 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors