Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ubertortle
Frequent Visitor

Pro needed to view reports?

I have created a report and dashboard using lists from SharePoint. I then setup the dashboard to be viewed in a PowerApp via the Power Bi Control. Works beautifully and looks great.....for me. Anyone who uses the app just sees a white screen with the Power Bi symbol as if its loading. So I go to the Power Bi web app and share both the dashboard and report with the user and it is the same deal. When the user tries to access it via the Shared with me tab it tells them they need a Pro account. Even when their permissions are set to read only. Is this really the case? My organization provides Pro licence to those who will be using the tool to create reports. It is a bit ridiculous if you need a Pro licence if you will only be viewing reports. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this really the case?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

The current Power BI licensing is that when you share a report or dashboard or app with any user they will require a Power BI Pro license.

Unless the content is running on Power BI Premium, then the user can be a free user.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

The current Power BI licensing is that when you share a report or dashboard or app with any user they will require a Power BI Pro license.

Unless the content is running on Power BI Premium, then the user can be a free user.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors