Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rachelsalmon
Frequent Visitor

Premium Per User - for which regions is it available?

Hi,

I have started 60 day trial for PPU and updated one of my workspaces to premium.

Me and another colleague both in the UK were able to try for free and access the workspace/reports.

My colleague in India does not have the option to try for free, only an option to upgrade. When she clicks on the option to upgrade, it says that it's not available in her region yet.

Any idea when it will? Is there a list of regions and dates for this function? I couldn't find anything online.

5 REPLIES 5
rachelsalmon
Frequent Visitor

I don't suppose anyone else has any ideas on this?

I am still unable to find a way for my colleague in India to activate the PPU trial and access the premium workspace.

As a workaround for now, I have published another copy of the same report to a non premium workspace so she can still access and run the reports we need.

Kind Regards

Rachel

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rachelsalmon ,

Could pls show me your India colleague  region info like below:

v-luwang-msft_1-1619429574251.png

Best Regards

Lucien

My colleagues is:

rachelsalmon_0-1619433653860.png

Mine is...

rachelsalmon_1-1619433672776.png

rachelsalmon
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-luwang-msft,

Thanks, I did see that post but it didn't give me the answer I was looking for.

Should it be available in all geographies now though? Or is India coming at a later date?

The free trial option was available to me here in the UK but not to my colleague in India. We tried this out last week.

When she clicked on the option to upgrade, it said it wasn't available in her region.

I have updated one of our shared workspaces to Premium, but now she cannot access the workspace without the PPU license for herself.

As a workaround I have had to create another workspace and republish the same report (thats also in the premium workspace) from Desktop so she can access via her pro license like before.

Kind Regards

Rachel

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rachelsalmon ,

It will be available in all geographies.The Microsoft document says the PPU will be featured out to all regions from the first week of last year December, and expect it to be fully deployed by last year December 12th

v-luwang-msft_0-1619425698048.png

To learn more details,you could read the following article:

Power BI Premium Per User Availability in India:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Power-BI-Premium-Per-User-Availability-in-India/m-p/1754329 

Full report attachment for subscriptions for Power BI Premium reports now availablehttps://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/full-report-attachment-for-subscriptions-for-power-bi-premi... 

How to enable PPU (Premium Per User) Preview feature for Shared Capacities Users: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/How-to-enable-PPU-Premium-Per-User-Preview-feature-for-Shar... 

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors