Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DeepakGopan
Frequent Visitor

Premium Capacity Workspace Storage

Hi 

I have a Workspace in Premium Capacity as hown below

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 12.46.15.png

Any idea why the storage is shown as 10GB? Is there any way to increase it for the workspace?

I guess we have 100TB storage for the Premium Capacity?

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 12.48.39.png

Any helps is much appreciated.

Thanks

Deepak

7 REPLIES 7
v-kongfanf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @DeepakGopan ,

Thanks to @3CloudThomas for the reply!

I'd like to add  that: It may be that the workspace is not correctly assigned to the Premium capacity from the default workspace limit of 10GB that is displayed.
If you purchased the capacity node correctly, you can set the capacity in the Power BI Management Portal. You manage Power BI Premium capacity in the Capacity Settings section of the portal.

vkongfanfmsft_0-1709619519362.png

You can refer to below document:

Configure and manage capacities in Power BI Premium - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Adamk Kong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply Adamk,

Its not an issue of "assignment of workspaces  to Premiunm capacity" as all workpspaces in Premium capacity show this 10gb Limit. 

Yes, I am aware that the capacity can be managed from admin settings, but my question was regarding the management of storage for an individual workspace not the entire capacity.

Let me know if you can help

Thanks

Deepak

3CloudThomas
Super User
Super User

The limits on a workspace are dictated by the capacity (Pro vs PPU vs Premium vs Fabric)

Yes thought so, Thanks very much 😊

3CloudThomas
Super User
Super User

It is also a warning that you cannot upload a model larger than 10GB. That does not mean you are limited to 10GB models. Use parameters to limit the data in Power BI Desktop, then change the parameters in the Settings of the model and run a refresh.

3CloudThomas
Super User
Super User

That is a label I see on many workspaces. It does not dictate the amount you can store. It was originally used for limits of Pro users, but it seems to show for all users. You at the image below and you can see I am using 3-4GBs of space, but it does not show up in the bar up top. This is a P1 capacity. Use Microsoft offical documentation for limits of your Premium capacity

3CloudThomas_0-1709300605970.png

Thanks very much for this....I did go through the Microsoft documentataion but couldnt find anything related to Storage for a particular workspace ...except that a capacity has 100TB limit. So may be there are no limits on an individual workspace? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors