Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Rusiru

PowerBI Pro Licence Compliance

Hi All,

I have a customer who is going to buy O365 Business Premium licenses (arround 200) and for one reporting solution i need to add 1 PowerBI Pro licence as well. Is there any complience issues for buying PowerBI Pro licencse?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Rusiru I don't know how the subscriptions are set up in Office 365, but you can activate a single license. Be aware though, that 1 license will serve 1 user only if you use Pro features. If a "Pro" feature is used in the creation of any report or dashboard, then your end users need to have a Pro license as well. The only caveat to this, would be if the company is doing external reporting only, and using Power BI Embedded in the external facing application, then no additional Pro license is needed, but the pricing model is different based on usage for people interacting with the embedded report.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@Rusiru I don't know how the subscriptions are set up in Office 365, but you can activate a single license. Be aware though, that 1 license will serve 1 user only if you use Pro features. If a "Pro" feature is used in the creation of any report or dashboard, then your end users need to have a Pro license as well. The only caveat to this, would be if the company is doing external reporting only, and using Power BI Embedded in the external facing application, then no additional Pro license is needed, but the pricing model is different based on usage for people interacting with the embedded report.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors