Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Bi Dataflow scheduled refresh - constantly refreshing

Hello,

I have an on premises Web Api. Some of the endpoints of this Web Api are exposed through a data gateway. PowerBi then consumes data from this gateway.

I have defined data sources to get the data and dataflows to process it. I have also defined schedules to refresh the data. It is working but.....

One of the data sources (endpoints) triggers the update of data in the back end Web Api. It triggers several tasks. I have defined a dataflow for this also and defined a schedule for it too. It runs once a day.

The issue is that, although the dataflow is only supposed to be triggered once a day, power bi seems to be constantly calling to this endpoint. This creates great strain on the back end and growth of the database. Why is this happening?

When I disable that particular dataflow, this stops happening. But I need that dataflow. Is there soemthing I can do? Is this a bug?

Kindest Regards

sgill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

I think that by design it keeps on checking the Web API to make sure it is up and contactable?

I would possibly log this as a bug, because it should only connect when the dataflow is being refreshed.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

I think that by design it keeps on checking the Web API to make sure it is up and contactable?

I would possibly log this as a bug, because it should only connect when the dataflow is being refreshed.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thanks. I will report it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors