Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

blodus
Advocate II
Advocate II

Power BI Slicer Type not updating in published version

I have changed a slicer to only allow Single Select. However, when I deply the report to PowerBI.com, the type doesn't change. I change the text box in the yellow circle to RED to make sure that the file was actually updated. I also put a filter to exclude the Blanks that is also not updating. 

How do I make EVERYTHING update when I publish to PowerBI.com? (like it should) 

Power BI .com

blodus_0-1698952602757.png

PBI Desktop - no blanks in the slicer

blodus_1-1698952815328.png

Thanks for any help. 

3 REPLIES 3
edhans
Super User
Super User

Is the report in an App? The contents of the report will not properly update until you update the app. Some things may update, like the red box, but visual settings may not. When you publish an updated report, you must update the app.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

I am just viewing it from PowerBI.com using a web broweser (edge and chrome). I thought it was browser caching at fiest which is why I changed the box to red. 

I ended up deleting the report to make it work - but that's just another half-assed work-around. 

I just found that there's some stupid button in the upper right corner to refresh the default filter that might fix the issues. I'll have to wait till the next time I run into this. 

I know you are viewing it a browser, but there are two ways in the service to see a report:

1. A direct view of the report in the workspace
  2. In the Workspace app

#2 is the better way to deliver the app to your users, and if you change #1, #2 will not properly reflect it until you update the app. Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors