Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mattberry

Power BI Service refresh truncates data

Hi All,

I have a weird issue I can't figure out.  Our ERP system dumps data to CSV files (saved on a network share) every night  I built a dataset using these local files, authored several reports, all using Power BI Desktop. Then I published it all to Power BI Service. The Power BI Service uses an On-Prem gateway to refresh the dataset every night.   This is all plain vanilla stuff...

Then, sometime around 2/15/19 the nightly refresh started truncating the data.  For example, when I refresh in Power BI desktop, the invoice table has 35109 records, the most recent being from 3/7/19.  The Power BI service reports just 34748 records and only through 2/15/19.

So I published the dataset again to replace the dataset in the cloud, and it uploads fine. The online reports show 35109 records as expected.  Then I hit refresh and it fires up the gateway and pulls the SAME DATA I just refreshed from locally.  No errors. The gateway reports accessing each CSV file ok.  But... it truncates the dataset back to 34748!

So I tried something else - I published the dataset as a new dataset.  Again, it uploads 35109 records ok. I assign our on-prem gateway and hit refresh, same result. Pulls in the same data but truncates it at 34748 records.

This was all working fine.  There have been no changes at all on our end.  Somewhere along the line the Power BI Service just started truncating the source data.

Has anyone got any ideas??? I'm completely stumped!

Matt

1 REPLY 1
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mattberry ,

It is hard to reproduce your problem, I suggest to create a support ticket for your peoblem:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors