Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

MZeee

Power BI Service does not support the local time format from BI desktop and UTC is always zero.

Following is the support ticket I submitted to Microsoft.

I have BI file using SharePoint as datasource and I set local time for Singapore (UTC +8) in BI desktop. I upload it to BI service and set refresh time. After the data is being refreshed in BI service, it changed back to UTC 0 which is not correct for Singapore. I am manually creating custom column to add 8 hours and can upload to BI service to make it correct. The thing is that we want to know what is happening in BI service timezone. You can see my attachments. Work Arragement Original for 30 Dec is the file that I set local time funtion in BI desktop and that is the view from BI service after auto refresh time.The date (30/12) in original file is the same with the date (31/12) in the file with custom column for UTC +8. There are many BI reports with many date in many lists and we cant always create custom columns all the time while BI desktop itself is having function to set the local time.

Microsoft replies me that power bi service does not support display datetime with local time zone format, it will transform all datetime values as UTC format. 

So I would like to request that feature in future. Please help me vote my suggestion to get improved in future.

1 REPLY 1
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MZeee ,

Have you submitted an idea? If so, please share the link to your idea so we can vote for it!

If not, please create an idea here and vote for it.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

After creating the idea, please share the link here.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors