Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Report Usage Metrics not showing usernames

Hello Team,

1. I am not getting the user names in User Metrics of PBI Services. Its showing 'Unnamed User'. Row level security is also done in the report. Anything else needs to be done?

2. And also I have accessed the report from at least 5 login IDs, but still it's showing 1 unique viewer.  Please find the screenshot.

PBI Usage Metrics.JPG
8 REPLIES 8
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check the "Tenant settings":

Unnamed users signify in power bi usage metrics 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The 'Tenant Settings' not available to me, though I have the Admin(Owner) right, but I haven't created the Workspace. Is it only available to the creator of the workspace? 

Hi @Anonymous ,

You need to contact your organization's Power BI service administrator or O365 Global Administrator, who can set up the "Admin portal".

Administrator roles related to Power BI 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

The un-named user happens when the user account has been deleted from your Azure Active Directory as far as I am aware.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

No.. @GilbertQ , The users who accessed the report are active azure AD users. 

Hi there

The reason could also be that the Usage Metric reports get data from the client side. If the client does not send through the relevant information it will come as unknown.

The audit logs will contain all the required information.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @GilbertQ , please let me know what to do in client side in order to get the information. I have full control over it. Even If I don't have the access, I can make it done. 

Hi there

The client side is where it is from the report viewers PC or laptop or how ever they connect to the Power BI Service.

The client side typically means the browser and what they use to go into the Internet.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors