Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Mani7553
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Export using Power Automate but filters applied not working

Hi All,

I'm new to Power BI.

Im trying to export PDF from power BI report from web service using power automate.

But whatever the filters i'm applying in power BI report are not appearing in pdf exported using power automate.

Instead my pdf file is showing some default data only. 

If anyone can help me in this issue with detailed step by step procedure, it would be great help for my activity.

Regards,

Mani

2 REPLIES 2
Mani7553
Frequent Visitor

@v-heq-msft 

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I got success in getting the mail as you given the document link.

But, "You may need to specify the filter in the action parameters. Use the field in the action to pass through the filter configuration you wish to apply to the report." 

here in this passing report level filter i faced an error and when im trying to send mail through power automate button, it does not considers the changes done in FIlter on Power BI Service Report.

It considers only the filter selection applied during publish of Power BI Desktop file to workspace.

Can you please elaborate how to apply report level filters in power automate flow.

Regards,

Mani

v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mani7553 ,
Based on the error message you provided, I checked the relevant problem documents, it seems like the error is related to the Power Automate flow may not be configured to apply the filters when exporting the report.
You may need to specify the filter in the action parameters. Use the field in the action to pass through the filter configuration you wish to apply to the report.
For details on how to export and email Power BI reports using Power Automate, you can refer to the following official documentation files
Export and email a report with Power Automate - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
Power BI - Connectors | Microsoft Learn

Best regards

Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors