Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pie charts turn into donut charts when report published on Service

Hi everyone,

I met an issue I cannot explain: on a page of my report I use pie charts (four).

When I publish this report on Power BI Service (Premium capacity), two of the pie charts turn into donut charts. 

Even in Power BI Service, I cannot modify the donut charts back to pie charts (see below the page open on Power BI service)

If anyone has an idea, thank you for your help?

PS: the two pie charts concerned only display two sections. Maybe a bug related to this specific case. 

grosbeta_0-1635425807097.png

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ibendlin,

Thank you for your help. However, I don't see the point. Actually, my screenshot may be misleading: it has been shot on Power BI Service when trying to modify directly the report from there.

As you may see the displayed donut chart that is selected is reported to be a pie chart in the visualization pane.

I have of course updated the app in wish the report is used, it doesn't change anything: the pie chart turned into a donut chart remains a donut chart.

If you have any other ideas don't hesitate.

Regards,

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry I can't reproduce your question.
According to your description, does this problem occur only with reports in Premium capacity?
Have you tried it in other workspaces to see if the same problem occurs?

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

To answer your question: this report has been published both on a Premium Capacity workspace and a Pro workspace. In both cases, the pie chart was displayed as a donut chart.

Is it possible that the Pie-chart has been converted to a donut chart because it only displays two sections ?

I am asking because the two other pie charts (with 5 sections) appear as so when published.

Thank you for your return.

Regards,

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

On Premium capacity whenever you publish structural changes in your Power BI Desktop you will also need to update the app in order to synchronize the meta data information between workspace and app. If you still see the issue you may also need to reset the filters of the online report that you access via the app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors