Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Techlx
Frequent Visitor

Persistent Issues with Power BI Datamart Connections and Credential Updates

Hello Community,

I have been encountering persistent issues with Power BI datamart connections and updating credentials, and I am seeking your assistance to resolve them. Below, I have detailed the series of errors I have faced:

1. Connection Timeout Errors

While trying to connect to the datamart via SQL connection, I received timeout errors during the post-login phase, indicating potential issues with the server completing the login process or creating multiple active connections. The error messages contained various details including different initialization, handshake, and authentication durations, and mentioned a failure occurring while attempting to connect to the routing destination.

2. Failed Attempts to Update Data Source Credentials

In my attempts to update the data source credentials, I encountered a series of errors with status codes 400 and 500. The 400 status code errors were accompanied by messages indicating a failure to update data source credentials, urging to check technical details and contact support with the provided details. The 500 status code error, on the other hand, cited an "OperationException" with a message indicating a non-success response from the Orchestrator with a "StatusCode=NotFound".

3. Issues with Loading Model Schema

I also faced issues with loading the model schema associated with a report, receiving error messages urging to ensure a connection to the server and try again. The underlying errors cited timeout periods elapsing during the post-login phase and issues raised by the IDbConnection interface.

4. Gateway Configuration

I suspect there might be issues with the gateway configuration, but I am unsure how to verify if it is correctly configured. I am using the service version 13.0.21509.81 and client version 2309.1.15569-train, with the cluster URI being "https://wabi-australia-southeast-redirect.analysis.windows.net/".

I have tried basic troubleshooting steps including checking the internet connection, reviewing data source connections, and updating the Power BI to the latest version, but the issues persist.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions on how to resolve these issues. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Also it's worth to mention that I can acceess some other datamarts in same workspaces without any issues, all of these datamarts are created in similar timeframe and with similar struetures.

2.png1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @Techlx ,

We have had all sorts of problems with DataMarts as well.  And, really, the only way we get answers (and not always ones we like), is to create a ticket with Microsoft.  Since DataMarts are still in preview that may be the only way to discover the problem.

And, be prepared for the answer of "Thanks for letting us know, we will investigate this further as the tool is in preview and that is probably why it doesn't work right now."  🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @Techlx ,

We have had all sorts of problems with DataMarts as well.  And, really, the only way we get answers (and not always ones we like), is to create a ticket with Microsoft.  Since DataMarts are still in preview that may be the only way to discover the problem.

And, be prepared for the answer of "Thanks for letting us know, we will investigate this further as the tool is in preview and that is probably why it doesn't work right now."  🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

😂well..thanks collinq, You got it all right. 

a "preview" story

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors