Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Ritesh_Air
Post Patron
Post Patron

Paginated Report - Subreport could not be found

Hi,

Why this message appears on the report builder tool when the subreport is there in service? The name of the subreport is : Wholesale Catalyst.

Why the message says '/Wholesale Catalyst' ? How do I fix that? I added a subreport by right click > sub report.

When I push this main report to service then it works fine, which means it is able to find the subreport, just not in the report builder tool.

One more issue I see is : Subreport disappears when I choose a different parameter in service, I need to refresh the browser to change the parameter. Very annoying...

Ritesh_Air_1-1624920558237.png

Thanks,

RK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Ritesh_Air  ,

According to the official article.:

Subreport couldn't be found

Description: Subreport doesn't render. Instead an error message appears.

"The subreport 'Subreport1' could not be found at the specified location 'CustomerDetails'. Verify that the subreport has been published and that the name is correct."

Possible reasons

• A subreport with the specified name doesn't exist in the same workspace or app as the main report.
  • The user doesn't have access to the subreport.
  • The number of subreports in the main report has reached the subreport limit (50 subreports).

Troubleshooting steps

In a workspace

• Verify that the report with the name in the error message exists. The name is case insensitive.

In an app

• Verify that the report with the name in the error message exits in the app. Contact the author of the app for further assistance.

If the report is shared

1. Verify that the report with the name in the error message is shared with you.
  2. If the report exists, verify that the owner name is the same for the main report and the subreport. Then contact the owner of the main report with that information.

refer:https//docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports/subreports-troubleshoot 

Wish it is helpful for you!

Best Regards,

Lucien

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Ritesh_Air  ,

According to the official article.:

Subreport couldn't be found

Description: Subreport doesn't render. Instead an error message appears.

"The subreport 'Subreport1' could not be found at the specified location 'CustomerDetails'. Verify that the subreport has been published and that the name is correct."

Possible reasons

• A subreport with the specified name doesn't exist in the same workspace or app as the main report.
  • The user doesn't have access to the subreport.
  • The number of subreports in the main report has reached the subreport limit (50 subreports).

Troubleshooting steps

In a workspace

• Verify that the report with the name in the error message exists. The name is case insensitive.

In an app

• Verify that the report with the name in the error message exits in the app. Contact the author of the app for further assistance.

If the report is shared

1. Verify that the report with the name in the error message is shared with you.
  2. If the report exists, verify that the owner name is the same for the main report and the subreport. Then contact the owner of the main report with that information.

refer:https//docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports/subreports-troubleshoot 

Wish it is helpful for you!

Best Regards,

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors