Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PBI service account switch Issue

Why PBI turns to original account after I use anthoer account to log on even the original's had been log off... I log off the old account and restart the PBI service then use anther new account for log on according to the webpage's selection , but after the webpage works,  it still turns to my original account for login... How can I do?

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I guess you have open multiple power bi service pages on your web browser and sign-in different accounts at the same time, right?

If this is a case, current power bi does not allow you to sign-in multiple accounts at the same time, these sign-in accounts may conflict and affect the backend sessions and verifications.

I'd like to suggest you use different web browsers or different privacy modes(common mode and inprivate mode) to sign-in your accounts.

If you are working with multiple accounts and operation one account per time. I'd like to suggest you not use 'keep sign-in account' feature on your web browser and do 'sign-out' current account before switching between different accounts. 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I would suggest closing down the browser window and opening a new one to make sure it is successfully logged out.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, not the log out issue, it's the account switch issue, I need switch another account for log on and really key in the another account according to the PBI new webpage...but after the webpage worked...it will still turns to my original account...you know..

Hi there

What I do is I have got multiple profiles running in my browser.

This allows me to have each profiler running in a separate browser which keeps me always logged in.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors