Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

R_Jain
Regular Visitor

PBI Dataset showing columns as Measures and table as unsupported column type

Hi All,

I have a powerbi dataset which i am creating via another service. Unfortunately it doesn't show up as a table but rather as a measure which is the reason why its not allowing me to create a local model through which i can rename my columns. Anyone has any solution.

R_Jain_0-1677130420927.png

My other PBI dataset which i created a month ago works perfectly. It shows up as 

R_Jain_1-1677130479329.png

Any idea what changes in settings might be required to make my first table look like the second one?

3 REPLIES 3
ZoranRoncevic

The same problem with my dataset ... I am using only two columns, datatype string,Int64 and can not create report

MAwwad
Super User
Super User

It seems like the issue you are facing is because the first dataset is being recognized as a measure instead of a table. This can happen if there is a conflict between the data types of the columns in the dataset.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Verify the data types of the columns in your dataset and ensure that they are consistent with the data types expected by Power BI.

2. Check if there are any calculated columns or measures in your dataset. If there are, try removing them and see if the table is recognized correctly.

3. If the above steps do not work, you can try creating a new dataset with the same data source and schema and see if the table is recognized correctly.

If none of the above steps work, you can try contacting the support team of the service you are using to create the dataset and see if they can help you resolve the issue.

I am just using 2 columns to test this functionality and those are just string fields. I tried this with a single column having integer data type and it failed there itself too. 

Has to be some sort of settings i believe which i am not able to figure out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors