Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

campelliann
Post Patron
Post Patron

Other Websites for Sharing

So I have been searching for alternatives to share my reports externally.

I found this website https://thereportinghub.com/, which allows according to them to share Power BI reports to a a number of free users. There is only the need for 1 Power BI PRO account, and then you have several pricing options. 

Do you know how this works? I have seen another platforms of the same kind... Do these sites have any agreement with microsoft or something?

Best wishes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Yes there are. Let me clarify how it works because you are paying the pricing somewhere.

There is a licence called Power Bi Embedded in azure. You can pay for that one and it will let you mark a workspace with capacity (like premium). 

The thing about his licence is that it will let you use it to build a custom web app that can get reports, dashboards and more from Power Bi Service. You can build your custom app with custom login that will show a report connecting with a different account than the one in your custom app. That will let you connect to Power Bi service with the Pro Account and show that to users logged in the custom app.

They have build the web portal and are offering it as a solution for customers. The thing is, you will pay for Power Bi Embedd in your tenant or theirs. Because it is ilegal to do it without the licence.

I hope that make sense.

P/D if you are interested in something like this I know some sites and the company I work for is building an app like that too.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Yes there are. Let me clarify how it works because you are paying the pricing somewhere.

There is a licence called Power Bi Embedded in azure. You can pay for that one and it will let you mark a workspace with capacity (like premium). 

The thing about his licence is that it will let you use it to build a custom web app that can get reports, dashboards and more from Power Bi Service. You can build your custom app with custom login that will show a report connecting with a different account than the one in your custom app. That will let you connect to Power Bi service with the Pro Account and show that to users logged in the custom app.

They have build the web portal and are offering it as a solution for customers. The thing is, you will pay for Power Bi Embedd in your tenant or theirs. Because it is ilegal to do it without the licence.

I hope that make sense.

P/D if you are interested in something like this I know some sites and the company I work for is building an app like that too.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi there, 

Yes I am very interested if you can. We want to start sharing reports with external companies, and here the publish to web is no longer an option. If you could give me alternatives I would be great.

Best wishes.

I'll continue the conversation in private message.

Regards,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors