Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mattcarter865
Helper I
Helper I

Open in Excel feature of Datamart Visual Query unable to connect to SQL Server

Trying out datamarts for first time. Looking pretty good. However, there is one feature that just doesn't seem to work at all, unless I'm doing something wrong. I tried creating a visual query, which worked great. There is a very prominant button that says "Open in Excel". 

mattcarter865_0-1664825630027.png

When I click on it, an Excel file is downloaded containing a Power Query connection using a Native Query to the datamart's SQL Server. But it is unable to run the query. Instead gives error that SQL Server not found or configured for remote connections.

mattcarter865_1-1664825737002.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mattcarter865
Helper I
Helper I

Found the problem! Turns out it was because IT had all outbound calls to port 1433 blocked by firewall. Soon as they lifted it, it worked.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mattcarter865
Helper I
Helper I

Found the problem! Turns out it was because IT had all outbound calls to port 1433 blocked by firewall. Soon as they lifted it, it worked.

v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mattcarter865 ,

Please refer to:Introduction to datamarts - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your response. I reveiwed the link you provided on introduction to datamarts, twice. There is no information, at all, related to the problem I reported. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors