Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

esr3dx
Frequent Visitor

OneDrive/SharePoint .pbix files refreshes canceled

My organization has a large number of reports that are utilized by a number of departments, so we use SharePoint to save these shared reports. Last night between 11:15 PM and midnight Central time, we were notified that nearly all of the shared reports had their refreshes disabled. We tried re-uploading the files from SharePoint to a few of the workspaces where they were originally published, and we received the same errors again.

The messages all had this format:

[File_name].pbix OneDrive refresh disabled

OneDrive refresh for [File_name].pbix has been disabled.

Next refresh for [File_name].pbix is scheduled for December 31, 9999 23:59 UTC.

4 REPLIES 4
Kletzy
Advocate III
Advocate III

@esr3dx have you found a solution to this please? We have the same issue.

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @esr3dx ,

This issue has been confirmed as a known issue internally. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am suffering from the same issue - has this been resolved yet?

Covenant-bi
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @esr3dx,

There are a few possible reasons why your reports' refreshes might have been disabled. Here are a few things to check:

• Check the permissions on the SharePoint folder where the reports are stored. Make sure that the users who need to refresh the reports have the appropriate permissions.
  • Check the Power BI service settings for the workspaces where the reports are published. Make sure that the "Enable OneDrive refresh" setting is turned on.
  • Check the refresh schedule for the reports. Make sure that the reports are scheduled to refresh on a regular basis.
  • Check the data sources for the reports. Make sure that the data sources are accessible and that the credentials are correct.
  • Try refreshing the reports manually. This can help to troubleshoot any errors that might be preventing the automatic refresh from working.

If you have checked all of these things and the reports are still not refreshing, you can contact Microsoft support for help.

Here are some additional things you can try:

• Log out of Power BI and log back in. This can sometimes fix issues with permissions or refresh settings.
  • Clear the Power BI cache. This can also help to fix issues with refresh.
  • Try using a different browser. Sometimes browser-specific issues can prevent Power BI from refreshing reports.

I hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors