Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VicentiuS
Regular Visitor

On-Premises Gateway not anymore work correctly

Hello,

For 2 weeks I have had issues with the on-prem gateway which does not want to refresh the data.

I have created parameters (DB, source, etc.) and use them in queries with Text. Combine now more than a year.

Gateway is Online, but still not working.

DB: SAP Hana

PBI version: December 2023 (2.124.1554.0)

Gateway version: December 2023 (3000.202.16)

Does anyone know what is the issue?
I have reinstalled PBI and Gateway 2 times until now, and also I tried another 2 environments and still have the same issue, Service is not refreshing.

And also I've read the MS note (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-communication#ports) and is not the case; it was working for 1 year and 6 months without issues.

VicentiuS_0-1705917304187.png

Thank you,

Vicentiu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hey  @VicentiuS  , 

Do you know if the gateway is reaching (temporarily or permanently) 100% memory?

Is the gateway a clone? I found this message that corresponds:

Error: DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_SpooledOperationMissing

A few different scenarios could be responsible for this error

• Gateway process might have restarted when the dataset refresh was in progress.
  • The gateway machine is cloned where gateway is running. We should not clone gateway machine.

I found another thread where this was the result:

I have fixed the issue by changing the source database name to IP in Power BI files, republish them and reset the gateway connection.

It happened because yesterday my colleague hav setup Azure could server with VPN and cloning from on premises server.

both DB showing same name causing gateway failed to reconigze which DB to refer.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
VicentiuS
Regular Visitor

Thank you @collinq !

Work perfectly now.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hey  @VicentiuS  , 

Do you know if the gateway is reaching (temporarily or permanently) 100% memory?

Is the gateway a clone? I found this message that corresponds:

Error: DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_SpooledOperationMissing

A few different scenarios could be responsible for this error

• Gateway process might have restarted when the dataset refresh was in progress.
  • The gateway machine is cloned where gateway is running. We should not clone gateway machine.

I found another thread where this was the result:

I have fixed the issue by changing the source database name to IP in Power BI files, republish them and reset the gateway connection.

It happened because yesterday my colleague hav setup Azure could server with VPN and cloning from on premises server.

both DB showing same name causing gateway failed to reconigze which DB to refer.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors