Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

chinny
Helper I
Helper I

Office 365 Adoption error 'DataSource.Error: OData' and licensing user reporting

Hi there,

I'm having issues connecting the Office 365 Adoption to our tenant - using the 

'Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics app.

When checking query editor, three of the queries are failing, one of which is the UserActivity which seems to be failing the reporting.

Error prompting below.

DataSource.Error: OData: A supported MIME type could not be found that matches the content type of the response. None of the supported type(s) 'application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;odata.streaming=true;IEEE754Compatible=false, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;odata.streaming=true;IEEE754Compatible=true, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;odata.streaming=true, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;odata.streaming=false;IEEE754Compatible=false, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;odata.streaming=false;IEEE754Compatible=true, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;odata.streaming=false, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;IEEE754Compatible=false, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;IEEE754Compatible=true, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal, application/json;odata.metadata=full;odata.streaming=true;IEEE754Compatible=false, application/json;odata.metadata=full;odata.streaming=true;IEEE754Compatible=true, application/json;odata.metadata=full;odata.streaming=true, application/json;odata.metadata=full;odata.streaming=false;IEEE754Compatible=false, application/json;odata.metadata=full;odata.streaming=false;IEEE754Compatib...' matches the content type 'text/html; charset=utf-8'.
Details:
DataSourceKind=OData
DataSourcePath=https://reports.office.com/pbi/v1.0/**********/UserActivity

ie 

Also, not sure if I need to post this separately, is there away of pulling in a user detailed licensing report with the adoption or Usage Analytics

Example

DisplayNameUserPrincipalNameAccountSkuDYN365_CDS_O365_P2MICROSOFTBOOKINGSKAIZALA_O365_P3MICROSOFT_SEARCHWHITEBOARD_PLAN2
User UserUser@test.comENTERPRISEPACKPendingProvisioningPendingProvisioningDisabledPendingProvisioning

I'm able to gather the data using powershell and then import it into PowerBI. Not sure if there is an easier way to build ot automate the reporting as I'm still pretty new to this.

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks @V-pazhen-msft ,

Already followed the steps, the link that you provided is the public preview though, is there an updated or live version?

Getting the following.

TenantClientUsage
OLE DB or ODBC error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E4E.
TenantMailboxUsage
TenantOfficeActivation

Many thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@chinny 

Please make sure all required steps in this document are finished.

You can also try to download the PBI template file from here. Then follow the Use the Adoption content pack Power BI template section in this article to check if you can get data successfully in PBI Desktop. If yes, you can publish the report to PBI Service.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @V-pazhen-msft ,

Already followed the steps, the link that you provided is the public preview though, is there an updated or live version?

Getting the following.

TenantClientUsage
TenantMailboxUsage
TenantOfficeActivation

Many thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors