Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

lukaspetke

Odata and Oauth2 problem

Hello everyone, 

I have some problems regarding OAuth2. Already built some repots with odata. Everything works fine except "scheduled refresh". 

- Imported odata via URLs (refresh on desktop working fine);

- Made reports and published on web (working fine);

- Trying to make sheduled refresh (getting error on company name, etc., can not connect odata to read via oauth2). Error following:

OData: Request failed (404): The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. (Cannot process the request because the default company cannot be found. You can specify a default company in the service configuration file, or specify one for each tenant, or you can add a query string in the form of "company=[name]". You can see the available companies by accessing the default OData web service, Company. For more information, see "OData Web Services" in Help. CorrelationId: 1f1e0e79-892a-41d6-8446-6aefc7ab4aa2.)

Tried to connect using organizational account/public/none, etc. all the ways, same error.  

lukaspetke_0-1680081760113.png

Please help how to setup connection, thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
nicstt
Helper I
Helper I

I know when I add the credentials to Power BI Service when I'm using my hubspot connector with Tugger, I select Basic, this is both in Desktop and Service, so as the previous reply states, make sure they match. The link they provide is an OData link, so maybe try selecting the Basic option, just be sure that you make sure it is private in some way, such as organisational as below, which I see you do.

Oh yeh, and the browser has a nasty habit of asking if you want to save the details, I wouldn't.

nicstt_1-1680249382840.png

v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @lukaspetke 

According to your description, you can connect to your data source and refresh the data normally on Desktop, but return an error on Power BI Service.

You can try to check this :
(1)According to your description, your data source is OData, you need to check whether you are using Oauth2 credentials on Desktop, which generally represent your AAD account.

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1680235068603.pngvyueyunzhmsft_1-1680235092030.png

You need to make sure that the credentials you use for Desktop are consistent with the type of credentials you use on Power BI Service.

(2)Second, you need to determine whether your data source can be accessed through the public network, if it can only be accessed through the intranet, then you need to install the data gateway on the computer that can access the data source.

For more information, you can refer to :
On-premises data gateway - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Top Solution Authors