Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

michaelkek
Frequent Visitor

New App Experience - Unable to Save a Copy and Lost Old App Link

Hello all, 

Wanted to flag that with the upgrade to the new App experience where we can have multiple audiences, all users lost the ability to "Save a Copy" of reports from the App. I was told that this was a UI change for the new App experience from Microsoft. Unknown ETA for when "Save a Copy" will become available in the new App experience.

During the course of troubleshooting, I un-published and re-published the App in question to see if Save a Copy would re-appear (it did not), but this caused the old App link that people used to access the App to break. This also caused folks to lose their personal bookmarks. 

Can you please let me know if there is a way to recover the old App link so I don't have to re-create a new App link? Mostly so that folks don't have to lose their personal bookmarks. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @michaelkek ,

This issue has been submitted internally. Internal ICM ID: 332818701

Workaround:

1: Share the access to the workspace to the needed users, and allow them to save a copy from the workspace directly.
2: Create a workspace which will contain the copies of the reports, and have users save a copy of the needed report. The original report will reside on other workspace.

Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @michaelkek ,

This issue has been submitted internally. Internal ICM ID: 332818701

Workaround:

1: Share the access to the workspace to the needed users, and allow them to save a copy from the workspace directly.
2: Create a workspace which will contain the copies of the reports, and have users save a copy of the needed report. The original report will reside on other workspace.

Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

bearpoz79
Helper I
Helper I

I have seen the same thing happen!  The only other work around was sharing the individual report with specific users.  This allowed them to save the report to their workspace.  I hope they fix this soon. 

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @michaelkek 

Unfortunately as far as my expereince goes as soon as you unpublish an app you remove that GUID (Think app link) and when you create a new app the Power BI Service considers it an entire new app so it gets a new GUID (Think App link)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors