Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Angelpc7

Navigation in APP that keeps getting out of my Windows tab

Dear Community,

I need your help with this issue:
I created my PBI App and set up my home page with a dashboard, which I linked to the different reports I have.
The problem comes when I'm navigating through my reports & want to come back to my home page; as I don't see any home button, so I tried two things:

1. If I create a home button that will take me to my home page, this hyperlinked button will open the dashboard (home page) in another windows tab (outside the app), which I don't want  
  2. If I use a common report instead of the dashboard as my home page, all the links to my reports will be opened in a different windows tab, which will suddenly becomes messy with several Power BI Windows tabs opened at the same time

I know that there is the navigation panel on the left, but I want my end users have an intuitive navigation & try to use as much as possible this kind of buttons to come back to home page. 

Thanks a lot for your support

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Angelpc7 

At the moment, it is not possible to have a hyperlink with the existing tab. It currently always opens reports or hyperlinks in a new tab. What I would suggest is creating or writing for an idea here: http://ideas.powerbi.com

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Angelpc7 

At the moment, it is not possible to have a hyperlink with the existing tab. It currently always opens reports or hyperlinks in a new tab. What I would suggest is creating or writing for an idea here: http://ideas.powerbi.com

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks for your reply, honestly a little disappointing since I see this idea on the "wish list" & I don't see it coming in the coming months (not so highly ranked); it seems to me not so difficult though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors