Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andrepcosta

Multiple connections to the same sql warehouse with different credentials using the same user

So basically I have the following scenario: I have a CICD pipeline (using a Service Principal credentials) that is responsible for deploying power bi files from multiples teams in multiples workspaces. All datasets from all teams share the same SQL Warehouse in Databricks. This means that the process is creating only one connection to Databricks.
My issue is that these datasets came from different databases, each of these databases have dedicated a service user that only has access to that specific database. So one dataset can only be connected to a single database. My plan is creating one token per service user and use this token in the datasource connection in power bi. So basically each dataset could have a dedicated connection but because I'm using a single user to deploy everything if I update the connection for a new dataset, it will update for all dataset that already exists in power bi.

Is there a way of setting different credentials (multiple connections) to the same SQL Warehouse in the same Power BI account for a single user?

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @andrepcosta 

As far as I know this is not possible today.

You will need to create a seperate data source for each connection which would then allow you to create a different credential.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors