Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

niravd1992
Frequent Visitor

Monthly and Daily update of Visual

Hi All,

I have a complicated requirement in PowerBI. 

I will get a mail daily with email file attached to it named ’report’. There are 4 types of report, lets call them A,B,C,D. Structure of the file is same.

I have created a Sharepoint folder on which file will be forwarded daily. That folder is used a source in pbi. There is no date column , in the report, but I think I can use date modified in SP as a date colum.

Now The visuals in PBI are of two type. One which is refreshed monthly(Last day of every month (A,B,C,D) for last 2 years), one which is done daily( latest A,B,C,D reports).

Any way to achieve this?
I thought of importing same folder twice. One for Monthly updates , one for daily. Then filter modified dates on last date modified. But I am unable to put it to action. Request the forum to guide me on this.
In Transfrom data section, When I try to filter data by time, I am not sure how to achieve last day of the month for last two years.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

seacth in power automate solutions, you can export with a automate flow a mail file into a onedrive sharepoint adress and get the desire data that wait, using them a power bi sharepoint folder conection, and the automate flow for the file extraction from the email. 

If my answer was helpful, please click Accept it as the solution to help other members find it useful

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
niravd1992
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-eqin-msft  and @StefanoGrimaldi 
Thank you for taking out time to reply and apologies for the late rsponse.
I was able to fulfill requirement as Stefano suggested i.e. by using power automate.
I just tweaked the naming of file in pwoer automate to suit my needs, then work my way through in pwoer query.

Thanks again.

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @niravd1992 ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file from your Onedrive for Business after removing sensitive data.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @niravd1992 ,

Not very clear.

If you want to find the latest date of each month, you could use the following formula to create columns:

YearMonth =
YEAR ( [Date] ) * 100
    + MONTH ( [Date] )
LastDay =
MAXX (
    FILTER ( 'Table', 'Table'[YearMonth] = EARLIER ( 'Table'[YearMonth] ) ),
    [Date]
)

1.5.5.1.PNG

Hope these help:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-scheduled-refresh

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-incremental-refresh

https://radacad.com/all-you-need-to-know-about-the-incremental-refresh-in-power-bi-load-changes-only

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

seacth in power automate solutions, you can export with a automate flow a mail file into a onedrive sharepoint adress and get the desire data that wait, using them a power bi sharepoint folder conection, and the automate flow for the file extraction from the email. 

If my answer was helpful, please click Accept it as the solution to help other members find it useful

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors