Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ImJeebus
Frequent Visitor

Memory limit reduced without change

Hi all - thanks in advance for any help with this.

I've set up an incremental refresh, which seemed to be working okay (still not 100% sure if I've set it up correctly), which was semi-successful.

Some days it would refresh fine, others it would fail due to memory limit reaching 4482 MB. Now I am having an issue where the refresh is failing, this time reaching a memory limit of 2772 MB.

My IT team have told me that there have been no changes, and the settings are currently:
V-CORES = 2
MEMORY = 5 GB

Hoping someone could please shed some light on this as I'm quite confused.

Thanks,

Eddie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

still not 100% sure if I've set it up correctly

The only sure way to check is by looking at the partition refresh dates. If you have only one partition then it is definitely not working.  If all partitions have the same refresh date then it's not working yet, but may be working at the next refresh.

Memory is shared. You may have other datasets that are competing for the memory. Look at the eviction logs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

still not 100% sure if I've set it up correctly

The only sure way to check is by looking at the partition refresh dates. If you have only one partition then it is definitely not working.  If all partitions have the same refresh date then it's not working yet, but may be working at the next refresh.

Memory is shared. You may have other datasets that are competing for the memory. Look at the eviction logs.

Thanks very much @lbendlin for replying!

I'm relatively new to Power BI, is there a way for me to view partitions in Power Bi Service or do I need to use another software?

Would you also mind pointing me in the direction of the eviction logs (tried googling this and couldn't find much online about it)?

Thanks in advance!

Eddie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors