Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JyothsnaTummala
Frequent Visitor

Measures are not Working in Pivot Table in Analyze in Excel in Power BI using BW as source

I am connecting to SAP BW system in Power BI using Direct Query mode. I have designed simple report and published to Service. when I try to analyse in excel, the measures can not be placed into Pivot table in Excel web. It is erroring out. Please help me in understanding the reason and provide me the solution.

Thanks,

Jyothsna

3 REPLIES 3
JyothsnaTummala
Frequent Visitor

Hi Ailsa,

Thank you for your response.

I tried accessing the "Analyse in Excel option" in Service . In Pivot table i have used one dimesional attribute and then dragged measure into values section then i got an generic error pop up in Excel web. Here is the screenshot.

JyothsnaTummala_1-1668494477308.png

I thought to verify the same by accessing power bi datasets in Excel desktop app. I have done the same activity by dragging dimensional field first and then measure into values section then i have got the following error pop up :

JyothsnaTummala_0-1668494164188.png

Note: when I am dragging dimesional filed or measure  alone into pivot table , they are giving me the results but the combination is throwing the above error .

* And i have used the measures as it is in excel pivot table ,which are coming from the backend BW system.

Any further guidance is appreciated . it is very important feature business is willing to use.

Thanks,

Jyothsna

I have the same problem. None of the measure works in excel local or online. Already updated to latest updates also to no avail.

sgengie2020_0-1686303584143.png

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JyothsnaTummala 

Can you provide the error message when you put the measures into Pivot table in Excel web ? Or you can refer to the Considerations and limitations to see if these limitations are causing your problems .

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-analyze-in-excel#considerations... 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors