Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Flying

Login needed after browser refresh

I have a setup where I have a monitor in the office displaying various web pages, including multiple Power BI pages. To have this working I use an extension in Google Chrome that alternates tabs, which also does a "page refresh" every time a new tab is displayed.

This used to work fine, but in the recent months, after 4-5 rounds of alternating tabs (4-5 minutes), when the Power PI reports are to be displayed, it now shows the "Sign in"-page of the report instead.

Is there a setting I can tweak to prevent this automatic logout to happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Flying ,

Currently, it should be by design that no option to set the timeout of the session and no option to prevent the automatically logout. You may voting for similar idea that allows to determine session timeout in Power BI Ideas and add your comments with more details there. Thanks in advance! Link of similar idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=6b259feb-a522-4da3-abee-6214903ac190&page=1 .

Normally, the access token of Power BI will expire if no users access actions after a specific period. But if it expires during usage, the client will automatically update it against the AAD. I think you may try this Extensions called Auto Refresh Plus to refresh the report page at a given interval to keep the page alive.

vcazhengmsft_0-1647849939810.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Flying

Thanks for the tip, I ended up using the two Chrome extensions "Tab carousel" and "Tab Auto Refresh" combined. Turned out that "Tab carousel" probably not performed any "user access action", as you explained.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Flying ,

Currently, it should be by design that no option to set the timeout of the session and no option to prevent the automatically logout. You may voting for similar idea that allows to determine session timeout in Power BI Ideas and add your comments with more details there. Thanks in advance! Link of similar idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=6b259feb-a522-4da3-abee-6214903ac190&page=1 .

Normally, the access token of Power BI will expire if no users access actions after a specific period. But if it expires during usage, the client will automatically update it against the AAD. I think you may try this Extensions called Auto Refresh Plus to refresh the report page at a given interval to keep the page alive.

vcazhengmsft_0-1647849939810.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors