Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jhandl32
Regular Visitor

Live Dashboard with Dynamics 365 data, embedded back in Dynamics

Hello everyone!
I have been around a while and this forum helped me in so many cases but now I really got stuck.

My request:
We use Dynamics 365 online and would like to embed power bi "live" (or at least as live as possible) charts in Dynamics.

So basically instead of using the standard dynamics charts, we would like to have some fancy power bi stuff from our main report, but with live data 😀

My previous attempts:
1. Connect via Direct Query to Dynamics 365 -> Create a page within our main report with the direct query data and the necessary visual (so change to mixed storage mode) -> publish the report to service -> Create a Dashboard with the new DQ Charts (as this is the only way to embed it back in dynamics)
Issue: The refresh times of these dashboards are really strange, sometimes every few minutes, sometimes once in two hours. Would be not a big deal but in Dynamics 365 you don't have that manual refresh button so therefore the data is just not showing as Live as we would like to show it.

2. I then started playing around a bit, I tried with super fast sql direct query data instead of dataverse connection which nearly killed my report (every measure with time intelligence added, was like a 50/50 chance to freeze the report). I also created a standalone report for this direct query data (so no mixed storage mode anymore) as you can then schedule dashboard refreshes but every 15 minutes is not live.. And no, the chrome "power bi refresh plugin" wasn't a bright idea either.

So it would be absolutely amazing if someone can help out and tell me if this is possible at all.

Many thanks in advance!

PS: I have the pro license. 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors