Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

stevejames
Frequent Visitor

Lineage for data gateway connections

Lineage is really good for datasets; reports etc.

It would be really good to see lineage for Data Gateway connections so we can easily see the impact on a change of connection or if we have any orphaned connections.

8 REPLIES 8
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @stevejames ,

You are right that lineage view is very useful for datasets and reports. However, it does not currently show the lineage for data gateway connections.

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may vote the idea and comment here to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Thanks. I looked for a while without finding Submit an idea....
But I did fairly soon after posting this...

Microsoft Idea - See lineage for gateway connections

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Lineage implies dependencies.  Gateway connections are not depending on anything?

I don't agree, lineage as in chain / sequence. That is datasets and dataflows depend on data gateways.

Call it what you want, the concept is there is no easy link between gateway connections and datasets / dataflows.

Ah, so you want to add the gateway connection to the dataset data source lineage?

Yes but also see it from the other direction, ie look at gateway connections and see any dataset/dataflow that is dependent on it.

There may be issues with ownership and privacy,  but other than that it should be possible to cobble that together somehow. Voted.

Yes. I had assumed that admins and users would be able to see their own connections to avoid any ownership / privacy issues.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors