Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with Power BI Service

Hi all,

I tried looking online but couldn't find a solution to my problem. For some reason the report which I have published to PBI Online doesn't get the filters that I have applied when I set up my report in PBI desktop

I know for a fact that the count of items has to be 48. This 48 is after I filtered out two redundant rows in the query editor. On PBI desktop, the report is working as it should, displaying the correct values. However, when I publish this report on PBI Service, I get a count of 50. Trying to debug it, I notice that those two redundant rows which are supposed to be filtered out appear in my list of items. Now matter how many times I refresh or replace the file with the PBI desktop file, I still see the same values

Anybody else facing a similar issue?

Thank you

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

So how did you apply filter in query editor? Have you use any custom functions in it?(custom function or advanced operation combine/append merge still not support on power bi service)

If this is a case, I'd like to suggest to use query parameter to instead. Current power bi service already support this feature.

What is a query parameter?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just used the regular filter. The thing is, I updated the dashboard with new data. In the past, the data refresh worked fine on PBI Service. The PBIX file worked just as before without any issues. It is as though the filters weren't getting accepted in Power BI Service

I eventually had to delete the content pack I had created and loaded it again.  Not a fix, but it seems to work now. I haven't had the chance to test it with a new data refresh

HI @Anonymous,

I guest it may related to azure area data service which power bi service invoked.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't tested it out in a while but keep getting an email which says refresh has failed! Not sure what is happening here

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check that you don't have visual filters stored in cache.  Make sure your "Reset to Default" isn't coloured in.

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors