Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

llopezalonso

Integrate PowerBI Service in Sharepoint Server Subscription Edition

Hi Community!!

I have a PBIX on PoweBI Service and we want to integrate the visualization in Sharepoint Server Subscription Editon page. 

The PBIX shows different data for each user (same structure, different data). Also, Sharepoint Subscription Editon page is responsive, and Power BI visualization must adjust to the Page size

How can we achieve this? Any thoughts?

Ton of thanks!!

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
llopezalonso

Ton of thanks for your quickly response @v-nuoc-msft 

Checking the first link you mention, i found the following mention on known issues:

• The classic SharePoint Server isn't supported with this web part

I'm worried about posible Network conectivity issues.... There are any tip to have in considerarion? Do you know any alternatives if my worries come truth?

Ton of thanks for your support

Regards

Luis

v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @llopezalonso 

I understand that you seem to want to integrate your Power BI service visualizations in SharePoint Server subscription with responsive design and user-specific data.

Please try the following:

To integrate Power BI visualizations into SharePoint, you can utilize the Power BI web part for SharePoint Online.

Although your scenario involves SharePoint Server Subscription Edition, the approach remains similar where you embed the Power BI report URL directly into your SharePoint page.

This ensures that your Power BI visualizations are accessible within the SharePoint environment.

Embed a report web part in SharePoint Online - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Power BI's Row-Level Security (RLS) feature allows you to control data visibility at the user level, ensuring users see data relevant to them within the same report structure.

To implement RLS, you'll need to configure it within your Power BI Desktop file (PBIX) and then publish it to the Power BI Service.

This setup ensures that when users access the report through SharePoint, they only see the data they're permitted to view.

Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Power BI reports are responsive by default, meaning they should adjust based on the container size, including when embedded in SharePoint pages.

To ensure optimal responsiveness, avoid disabling the responsiveness feature in the visual's settings.

Optimize visual formatting for mobile layout - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Nono Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors