Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BerlinAlexander
Helper II
Helper II

Inexplicable behavior of dataflows (SQL Analysis Services)

I have a dataflow with several queries from one DB and it works fine.

I added another query from the same DB and I simply can't make it work (i.e. the preview displays correct data, but any refresh fails). In the meantime I tried copying the query into a new dataflow in order to be sure it's about it and it is.

My advanced query is as follows. I created it by copying it from PowerBI desktop - it works there. Initially I created it in SQL Server Management Studio (mdx) and it shows the correct results there:

let
  Source = AnalysisServices.Database("asazure://[adress]/[DB]""model", [Query="SELECT NON EMPTY #(lf)    {[Product].[Source].[Source]}#(lf)#(tab)ON 0, #(lf)#(tab)NON EMPTY#(lf)    CROSSJOIN(#(lf)#(tab){[Product].[Brand Name].[Brand Name]},#(lf)#(tab)[Product].[EAN Product Code].[EAN Product Code],#(lf)#(tab)[Product].[Product SKU Code].[Product SKU Code],#(lf)#(tab)[Product].[Segment Sub Group Description].[Segment Sub Group Description],#(lf)#(tab)[Product].[Sub Category Desc].[Sub Category Desc],#(lf)#(tab)[Product].[Product SKU Description].[Product SKU Description])#(lf)#(tab)ON 1#(lf)FROM [model]#(lf)WHERE ({ [Product].[Sector Description].[Sector1], #(lf)[Product].[Sector Description].[Sector2],#(lf)[Product].[Sector Description].[Sector3], #(lf)[Product].[Sector Description].[Sector4]})#(lf)#(lf)", Implementation="2.0"]),
  #"Transform columns" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source, {{"[Product].[Source].&[EDW]"type text}, {"[Product].[Source].&[Not Available]"type text}, {"[Product].[Source].&[OTHER]"type text}}),
  #"Replace errors" = Table.ReplaceErrorValues(#"Transform columns", {{"[Product].[Source].&[EDW]"null}, {"[Product].[Source].&[Not Available]"null}, {"[Product].[Source].&[OTHER]"null}})
in
  #"Replace errors"

The line marked red gets added authomatically even if I delete it.

The parts marked green weren't initially there. I added them since my working queries have them. I thought that was the problem.

I would appreciate any suggestions.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BerlinAlexander 

Please note that, from the article , we know that the Azure analysis Services instead of SQL Server Analysis Services connector is supported in dataflow. That's should be reason why it doesn't work.

While your demand is a good idea, you can post your new idea in Idea Forum , to improve the Power BI.

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BerlinAlexander 

Please note that, from the article , we know that the Azure analysis Services instead of SQL Server Analysis Services connector is supported in dataflow. That's should be reason why it doesn't work.

While your demand is a good idea, you can post your new idea in Idea Forum , to improve the Power BI.

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors