Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Milejdi8
Frequent Visitor

Incremental refresh cutting out last two months

Hello, 

I have a dataset connected to Azure Databricks (multiple pbi reports connected to multiple tables; only this one table has this kind of issue). 
The problem: in PBI Desktop, I see all the data properly, in line what is set up by parameters, up to yesterdays data.
When I publish to PBI Service, the last day is either end of month three months ago (31.01.2024, for the report published few weeks ago) or two months ago (29.02.2024, for the report I publish now). 
No matter how I set up parameters, how I set incremental refresh or dataset on service, as soon as I publish the report and it does the initial data pull, it never shows the last two months of data. 

The query looks like this: 

let
Source = Databricks.Catalogs("a-number-code-goes-here.azuredatabricks.net", "/sql/1.0/warehouses/a-different-code-goes-here", [Catalog=null, Database=null, EnableAutomaticProxyDiscovery=null]),
hive_metastore_Database = Source{[Name="hive_metastore",Kind="Database"]}[Data],
database_name_Schema = hive_metastore_Database{[Name="database_name",Kind="Schema"]}[Data],
table_name_Table = database_name_Schema{[Name="table_name",Kind="Table"]}[Data],
#"Incremental Refresh Filter" = Table.SelectRows(table_name_Table, each [calday] > Date.From(RangeStart) and [calday] < Date.From(RangeEnd))
in
#"Incremental Refresh Filter"

Incremental setup is here:

Milejdi8_1-1712073742503.png

Please note that this same setup and same query (only calling different tables but from the same database) works for multiple other reports without an issue; nothing that I googled ever showed similar issue... so I'm honestly at my wits end here - please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Your RangeStart and RangeEnd filters are wrong.  One of them must be inclusive, the other must be exclusive.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Your RangeStart and RangeEnd filters are wrong.  One of them must be inclusive, the other must be exclusive.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors