Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Image URL to O365 profile pictures works in Service but not in Desktop

I am working on something today where I am dynamically adding profile pics to the report page (generating image urls from email address within our tenant). The pics show up in the visual when I publish to the Service, but show as broken links in Desktop.  the links also work in the browser.  The broken links in Desktop wouldn't be so bad except that the broken link icon also shows in subscription emails from the service, and when the report page is exported to pdf. 

I am using this format for the image url, replacing mycompany with the actual tenant/company (and replacing "@" and "." with "_" in the query) 
Any ideas?  Is there a better way to get profile pics into a report visual that may work better?

Regards,
Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

FYI that I was able to solve this with the approach described in this article.  The images were loaded into the model and stored as base64 text strings, so the image url link was not longer needed.

http://sqljason.com/2018/01/embedding-images-in-power-bi-using-base64.html

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mahoneypat ,

Have the issue been resolved? If Yes, could you please accept the proper reply as the solution ? If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

FYI that I was able to solve this with the approach described in this article.  The images were loaded into the model and stored as base64 text strings, so the image url link was not longer needed.

http://sqljason.com/2018/01/embedding-images-in-power-bi-using-base64.html

Regards,

Pat

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors