Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

halomo97
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to stop getting a dynamic data source error when connecting to a website

I've started creating a report in Power BI desktop, so far I'm just collecting the data. It uses yahoo finance to retrieve historical index values. It works perfectly in Power BI Desktop but when I publish to Power BI service I'm unable to refresh the data. I get the error message: "This dataset includes a dynamic data source. Since dynamic data sources aren't refreshed in the Power BI service, this dataset won't be refreshed."

Does anyone know how to stop this?

This is the report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tQz-TBG_E5CKZ878AVayZqdXBtO2YHUK/view?usp=drive 

These are the queries:

EpochTime - this connects to the website https://www.epochconverter.com/ to retrieve the current epoch time

Index Parameter - this is a parameter that downloads the data from yahoo finance. There are two parameters plugged into the url to get the correct dates and company ticker.

InvokedFunction - This brings everthing together and invokes the previous parameter table to bring in the data for the companies listed

IndexValues - this gets everything into the correct format that I'll need it in. I don't think the problem is here, I think it's in the tables that get data from the web

Index Selection - This can be ignored, it's used in something else

Hopefully someones had an error like this before and knows a way it can be solved. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @halomo97 ,

Please refer to this link to check if there's a warning called "Some data sources may not be listed because of hand-authored queries".

Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Take a look at this blog for how to use the query option available in web.contents

Using The RelativePath And Query Options With Web.Contents() In Power Query And Power BI M Code - Ch...

This is the related document, you can view this content:

Solved: Help: Dataset includes a dynamic data source error - Microsoft Fabric Community

Solved: Dynamic data sources aren't refreshed in the Power... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Solved: Power BI Service with dynamic data sources - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors