Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JollyRoger01
Helper III
Helper III

How to include image OneDrive links with row of data (for tax receipts)

I recently reconciled all my bank account and card transactions for my accountant into a single table in Power Query, then created a dashboard so they can splice and dice the data. I would like to link these rows with their receipt images or PDFs so the accountant can just click on the link and be shown the receipt. I have tried the Simple Image visual which shows images I uploaded to Imgur, but it won't show a copied OneDrive link of an image file.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@JollyRoger01 

Hope you have got the link for each receipt in your table. In Data View Select that link column, under column tools, changes the category to Web URL. When you add this field to a matrix or table, it will allow you to click as a hyperlink and take you to the image location.

Fowmy_0-1621757604332.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@JollyRoger01 

Hope you have got the link for each receipt in your table. In Data View Select that link column, under column tools, changes the category to Web URL. When you add this field to a matrix or table, it will allow you to click as a hyperlink and take you to the image location.

Fowmy_0-1621757604332.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Yes I have this option. I was trying to use the Image URL and the OneDrive link wasn't working as it wasn't an embedded image, but rather a OneDrive webpage link. For some reason OneDrive for Business doesn't have a way to share embedded links easily. I will have to use the URL - thank you for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors