Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tornado123

How to give access to an app for an external user who is not part of our organization.

Hi Everyone , I have given access to an app to an external user ID. I am not sure If he can be able to access it as I am not able to add him in direct access tab. His ID is been showing in pending invitations tab for a few days now. My question is will he be able to access the app ? Should he also require pro license to access it ? And how can we share an app to an user who doesn't have pro license ?

Thank you in advance for your time and response

Screenshot 2023-09-21 131315.png
I also get this error when I try to give him direct access to the workspace or app
Screenshot 2023-09-21 131852.png
@lbendlin , @amitchandak , @Greg_Deckler , @Ritaf1983 , @technolog 

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

They need to actively accept the invitation. Then you can add their newly assigned email address, not their original one.

So once they accept the invite they will be added as guest user to our worskpace right ? And can you brief your statement in short ? " Then you can add their newly assigned email address, not their original one." 
Thank you so much for responding.

So once they accept the invite they will be added as guest user to our worskpace right ?

No, these actions are unrelated. AD doesn't care what you do in Power BI.

1. You invite user@theircompany.com as a guest users to "yourcompany" 's  AD, creating a placeholder email address.

2. they accept the invite

3. You manually add the newly created user_theircompany@yourcompany.com email address to the workspace (or the app , if you are on Premium)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors