Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adithyanv
Employee
Employee

How to Move Dataset from one workspace to another workspace

Hi Team ,

I have a report and Dataset that's been uploaded to "My Workspace", also i have RLS applied to the dataset

I need to move this from "My Workspace" to "B Workspace".

when i try downloading the report , and then upload to "B Workspace". Users assigned to RLS Roles have been removed as showing as 0 for every roles i have created

is there a way to Move Report and dataset from one workspace to another workspace

thanks in  advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adithyanv ,

Please try to use Deployment pipelines, the deployment process lets you clone content from one stage in the deployment pipeline to another, typically from development to test, and from test to production.

For more details, you can read related document: The Microsoft Fabric deployment pipelines process - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adithyanv ,

Please try to use Deployment pipelines, the deployment process lets you clone content from one stage in the deployment pipeline to another, typically from development to test, and from test to production.

For more details, you can read related document: The Microsoft Fabric deployment pipelines process - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm sorry but that's not possible. Even using the Rest API to export and import, the metadata configured for the users it's not information hosted at the pbix. That's why you can't save the configuration of the emails added to the roles. That's something you must do it manually.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors