Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to I become a gateway admin?

Hi,

I am technically a Power BI admin for my orginization, but I think not all admin functions are enabled for me - specifically with gateway management.

On the Settings > Manage Gateways page, I can only see the gateways which someone has added me as a member, not all gateways in the orginization.

Also, even for the GWs which I am a member, I am unable to modify any settings or users. Those options are "greyed out" when I right click on it.

There is another admin in my org that does not has this problem. As far as the windows ad team can tell, there is no difference with the way our permissions have been configured. So what could we have missed?

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

According to the documentation it shows:

As a  Office 365 Global admin or a Power BI service administrator, you will be able to see all gateways you manage in addition to the all gateways in your enterprise.

You need to turn on the following settings:

vyangliumsft_0-1667961761193.png

Refer to:

Gateway Management on Admin Center | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yangliu-msft ,

Unfortunetly, this is not the case with me.

Are there other forms of Administrator? 

Or are there roles that can have full access to the Admin Portal, but are not able to see/perform actions on all local gateways or clusters?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors