Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DigitalUserX

How can I perform powerautomate flow with scheduled flow instead of manually triggering a button?

I have scheduled a flow: to check 2 conditions if true to send an email, but I need to do this everyday at 10am without a button being triggered?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DigitalUserX ,

To perform a Power Automate flow with a scheduled flow instead of manually triggering a button, you need to follow these steps:

- Sign in to Power Automate and select **Create > Scheduled cloud flow** .
- Specify the starting date and time of your flow and the recurrence interval .
- Configure any advanced options such as time zone, start time, and days of the week .
- Add the actions that you want the flow to take, such as checking conditions and sending emails .
- Save and test your flow .

You can find more details and examples in these resources:

Run flows on a schedule in Power Automate - Power Automate | Microsoft Learn

Overview of the types of flows in Power Automate(contains video) - Power Automate | Microsoft Learn

How to Create Power Automate Flows That Run on a Schedule (mydock365.com)

If the above does not help you, please go to the Power Automate community for professional help.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. Thanks in advance.

View solution in original post

Hi @DigitalUserX ,

Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no way to create a flow that runs on a schedule and uses a Power BI dataset as a data source. The Power BI button trigger is the only trigger that can access the data fields from the Power BI report. 

Perhaps you can contact power automate's technical support to request the addition of this feature.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DigitalUserX

Hi @v-tangjie-msft ,

I just want to add the recurrence and remove the Button trigger for PowerBI, but unforutantely this is not happening because I need a trigger

Hi @DigitalUserX ,

Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no way to create a flow that runs on a schedule and uses a Power BI dataset as a data source. The Power BI button trigger is the only trigger that can access the data fields from the Power BI report. 

Perhaps you can contact power automate's technical support to request the addition of this feature.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

Thanks @v-tangjie-msft 

v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DigitalUserX ,

To perform a Power Automate flow with a scheduled flow instead of manually triggering a button, you need to follow these steps:

- Sign in to Power Automate and select **Create > Scheduled cloud flow** .
- Specify the starting date and time of your flow and the recurrence interval .
- Configure any advanced options such as time zone, start time, and days of the week .
- Add the actions that you want the flow to take, such as checking conditions and sending emails .
- Save and test your flow .

You can find more details and examples in these resources:

Run flows on a schedule in Power Automate - Power Automate | Microsoft Learn

Overview of the types of flows in Power Automate(contains video) - Power Automate | Microsoft Learn

How to Create Power Automate Flows That Run on a Schedule (mydock365.com)

If the above does not help you, please go to the Power Automate community for professional help.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. Thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors